I love teaching French and can help you achieve your goals at school or university. I bring my sense of humour and a playfull attitude to my lessons and hope you will too.
Elisabeth’s 5 steps for success at GCSE French
1. Know your vocab (yes, all words from your first year)
2. Practise your verb endings (learning verb endings through songs is a great help) and learn to recognise and use different tenses
3. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes in lessons: only those who won’t try won’t get things wrong. Accuracy will always grow from mistakes and rising to challenges.
4. Develop your confidence in speaking: why not give opinions on everything in French? And no, you won’t keep saying “c’ est super!” because, of course, you know loads of different words to express your opinion
5. Practise exam techniques (you are really trying to outsmart the examiner here), and... know your vocab!
French GCSE A-Level
Leave a review for
Thank you, your review has been submitted.
Elisabeth has just started with my son. She has a lovely way with him, always positive and smiling. She is working with him on formulating French sounds to prepare him for French at secondary school next year.
I really enjoy my French lessons with Elisabeth. Elisabeth has a fun approach to teaching this language and puts a lot of work into preparing the lessons. I was nervous about having lessons but Elisabeth has put me at ease and is always very encouraging and my confidence is continuing to grow.
Elisabeth is an excellent teacher for all levels and ages. Her lessons are good fun and she makes learning french enjoyable. I always look forward to my next lesson
Elisabeth put me at ease straight away, I was a little nervous about the lesson but we spoke in English and French and she was very encouraging and patient. I am looking forward to progressing in my learning of the French language with Elisabeth.